Classification the Sumatran elephant is as follows:
Sub fillum: Vertebrates
Type: Elephas maximus, Lineus 1758
Kids types: Elephas maximus sumatrensis
Morphology of Asian elephants including Sumatran elephants are as follows:
1. Body fat and wide and covered with hair, thick skin 2-4 cm but very sensitive.
2. Have a trunk consisting of 40,000 muscle and is an extension of the nose to the upper lip.
3. The rounded head shape has a pair of small eyes and ears wide that serve to mendengan and regulate body temperature.
4. Between the eyes and the ears are small holes that contain oil glands, this fluid out when the adult male elephant in a state of musth
5. The front legs serve as pillars supporting the body and hind legs serve also as the driving body when moving.
6. only the male elephants have ivory, while female elephants do not have ivory